Every once in awhile you have to remember who you are. These are a few plumb lines that I use to remind me and others about why I do what I do. What are yours? Who are you? What beliefs and commitments about you shape your actions and decisions?
- Start with God, because God starts with God.
- Straight Bible, no chaser.
- Think deeply, live simply.
- Everyone needs Jesus.
- Speak to real people: People and place always go together.
- The Spirit of God uses the word of God in the mouths of the people of God to change us.
- Be generally irreverent about everything that doesn’t matter.
- Get people together: wisdom is passed on between generations.
- Persevere through pain.
- Lead from the middle: give up neither leading nor participating.